Last Updated on
Picture this: chestnuts roasting on an open fire, hot chocolate in your hand, and your blog traffic BLOWING UP because you’ve captured the perfect audience! The holidays are the PERFECT time to drive traffic to your blog (think about it, how many times have you gone on Pinterest to look up a recipe for a holiday potluck you’re panicking about?). By curating seasonal content, you can improve traffic to your blog during this festive season! Below I’ll give you 50+ of my best holiday and winter content ideas!
Related Post: 50+ Fall Content Ideas
For The New Bloggers:
If you’re very new to blogging, you may not know the true magic of the holidays. When it comes to traffic to your blog, you may have noticed a dip in the summer months (lack of holidays, everyone’s on vacation etc.). This is your time to shine and redeem yourself! Over the holidays there is a huge increase in the number of people who use search engines to generate holiday ideas (decor, party hosting tips, recipes, gift ideas etc.). Use this to your ADVANTAGE and use it to drive traffic like crazy to your blog!
50+ Holiday & Winter Content Ideas
Below are a list of 50+ holiday and winter content ideas to keep your socials (Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, etc.) blog posts, and emails FESTIVE and FRESH!
Holiday & Winter Activities
1. Board-Game round up – top 5 board-games to play with family this holiday season.
2. Decorating: 5 ways to make decorating less of a chore
3. Drive around to see the Christmas lights in your neighbourhood (or others!)
4. Check out local holiday events around you (light ceremonies, parades, special events) – what makes your city worth visiting this Holiday/Winter season?
5. Instagram story: build a snowman, fort or have a wicked snowball fight
6. Easy Christmas DIY’s to spice up your home this season
7: Share: What holiday does your family celebrate? What traditions do you do that make it so special?
8. Complete list of Winter activities to get you outside more!
9. Ultimate reading list: what books do we need to read to get us through the winter?
1. Share your favourite holiday recipe
2 Blog Post: 5 delicious and new ways to incorporate cranberry
3. Cooking for a large crowd: the best tips and tricks to stay sane
4. Winter soup guide: 5 soups that will really warm you up this season (think easy soups, slow cooker and instant cooker!)
5. Health Check: how are you getting in the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables in the cold winter months?
6. Most decadent holiday desert
7. Volunteer: can you help by donating to a local food bank? Volunteer at a soup kitchen?
8. Hearty recipes & comfort food (that aren’t soup!)
All About the Gifts
1. The ultimate gift giving guide for ________
2. DIY gifts – complete holiday guide to making all of your own gifts.
3. Wrapping tutorial (festive wrapping, ribbon hacks & outside of the box: how to make your wrapping sustainable!)
4. Think about the sales: what sales on Boxing Day are worth our time?
5. Complete list of experience gifts you can give this year (think spas, activities etc. – not all gifts have to be items!)
1. complete winter skin care guide to keeping your skin & lips uber hydrated!
BONUS: wrap winter skin care & gift giving into one idea: ie.: the holiday skin care gift sets we MUST HAVE
2. Winter fashion: think sweater must haves, the perfect cozies, and winter boots we NEED to keep our toesies warm.
3. Winter decor: how to give your home a seasonal vibe once the holidays are over.
4. 5 Tips for making your home the ultimate cozy spot to be!
5. Winter date ideas: putting a seasonal twist on spicing up your relationship.
6. Reality check: how do you get back into your routine once the holidays are over?
7. Instagram Post: porch spread – what cute decor have you used to liven up your porch? (porch photos are becoming huge!)
1. A How-To guide for throwing the perfect New Year’s Eve party.
2. Easy appetizers to serve this Christmas/New Year’s.
3. Decor on a budget: how to keep the perfect party look while halving the price.
4. Creative cocktail list: holiday themed cocktails.
5. Holiday cards: purchased or DIY – how to send the cutest cards out this year.
6. Be real: are the holidays not your favourite time of year? Share a little bit about yourself with your followers. You’d be surprised how many of them share the same feelings as you.
7. How to celebrate when you’re away from family and friends: tips for coping with the long distance/unavailability.
8. New Year’s Resolutions: do you make them? How do you effectively try to keep them?
9. Instagram TV: capture a video of you bringing a recipe to life.
1. How to rebound from the holiday spending: getting back on the budgeting track.
2. How to start saving NOW for the next holiday season – a budgeting plan that tides throughout the year to keep you financially secure.
3. Freebie: create an easy-to-follow budgeting sheet and use it as an email freebie opt in!
For the Moms
1. Ultimate activity guide: how to keep your kids from going squirrelly during inclement weather.
2. Making time for family outside: trips for enjoying the cold & embracing it as a family.
3. Travelling with kids: anything from packing tips to keeping everyone sane – how can you make travelling easier this holiday season?
4. Mom hacks: how to keep YOURSELF sane – a list of things to keep you sane throughout the holidays.
Traveling this Winter
1. Ultimate guide for escaping the cold: top list of places to sneak away to this winter.
2. Best places to travel during the winter – take into account price and season of the hottest destinations.
3. Instagram story: how to pack – tips and tricks for getting everything into your suitcase & how to avoid going over the weight limit!
4. Road tripping: 5 nearby cities (to your city) you NEED to check out.
5. Tourist in your own city: the top places anyone should stay, eat at or visit while they come to your city!
1. Seasonal affective disorder: how to combat it & routines that help prevent it.
2. What are your intentions for the new year?
3. Fitness goals for the new year – losing weight isn’t the only fitness goal to focus on!
4. Tips for being successful when starting a new habit.
5. Instagram Story(ies): if you’re trying out a new habit, document your progress! Likely someone else is going through a similar struggle and would appreciate the insight.
Related Post: Your Best Year Yet: Making Yourself a Priority
For the Bloggers
1. Create a round up list of winter & holiday content ideas (I wonder what one of those looks like!)
2. What blogging trends should be left in the old year? What should we focus on more in the new year?
3. What new bloggers can expect in the winter months for their blog & traffic.
4. Instagram Post: re-introduce yourself – who are you? What are your intentions for your blog?
5. New-Year lists: compile a list of things people need to do in the New Year (ex. restaurants to visit, places to travel, things to do this year etc.)
Bonus: change your blog theme! Sometimes a new look can spark new creativity and change your blogging perspective!
1. With 2020 upcoming, you can use this as an excellent opportunity to put a fresh twist on the new decade (ex. walking into the new decade, 5 habits to start the new decade off right etc.)
When curating holiday and winter content, you may find it easier to create a theme or come up with a matching aspect to your Instagram feed. Using traditional holiday patterns, themes and props can create a cohesive feed for the season!
1. Holiday props: bows, presents, Christmas trees, stockings, desserts etc.
2. Cozy blankets & cute slippers.
3. Snow – lie in it or throw it around like confetti!
4. Landscapes after a fresh snowfall.
5. Cute mugs with delicious drinks.
6. Hats and mitts – not only will they keep you warm during a photo session, they can also be the focal point of a photo!
7. Skating rinks, Christmas tree farms, Christmas markets etc.
8. Twinkle lights – not just great for the holidays, but can warm up the feeling of a photo!
1. Plaid – specifically red or red and green
2. Red & gold – you can’t go wrong with traditional Christmas colours.
3. White – brighten up your feed like crazy this winter!
4. Dark colours – navy, maroon, black, etc. – decadent colours.
5. Forest green.
6. Glitter – especially in the thick of the holiday season.
Pro-tip: try taking photos outside in the snow when it’s overcast (avoiding harsh light of sunshine) and wear bright colours. You’ll contrast against the snow and stand out even more!