With Canada Day fast approaching, it’s only natural to want to celebrate in one way or another. Whether it’s catching a local firework display, heading up to the lake to get away or taking to the streets of downtown Ottawa and visiting Parliament Hill, we all can celebrate Canada Day in a way that suits us best. Below, I’m going to round up the best party plans, celebration ideas, and recipes to create the ultimate guide for celebrating Canada Day!
Disclaimer: not all posts linked in this blog post are my own, this is a blog post round up in where I share links to the respective creator’s websites.
The Ultimate Guide to Celebrating Canada Day
Canada Fun Facts
1. Canada has 10% of the world’s forests
2. Canada is the second largest country in the world (total area)!
3. Canada consumes the most donuts and has the most donut shops per capita!
4. We sell bagged milk (confuses the heck out of the rest of the world!)
5. Our national sports are lacrosse and hockey.
6. Our national drink is the caesar!
7. 71% of the world’s maple Syrup comes from Canada!
1. Host a backyard BBQ or pool party – gather the people you love to celebrate with and make an afternoon out of it!
2. Head up to the cottage – whether it’s your own or you decide to rent one, escape the city and celebrate there!
3. Get patriotic – have fun getting dressed up in all red and white. Visit your local party store or dollar store for accessories to show your pride!
4. Check out a local event – likely, your city is hosting some event or another. Head down to the celebration with family/friends.
5. Head out on a mini road trip – what better way to celebrate the country than visiting some of it’s hidden gems!
6. Go strawberry picking – tis the season! Every Canada Day for as long as I can remember, my mom has taken me and my sister strawberry picking! A perfect little morning activity!
7. Here are a few last minute ideas for those with little kids!
Related Post: 5 Waterfront Patios in Ottawa You Need to Visit
Canada Day Themed Treats
Whether you’re having a backyard BBQ, camping, going on a picnic or just hankering for a themed treat, below are some irresistible recipes that had me drooling just browsing for them! (Recipes are not my own)
1. Canada Day Firecracker Pasta Salad – Forkly
2. Maple Glazed Mini Muffins – Lord Byron’s Kitchen
3. Healthy Canada Day Recipes – Festive Red & White Foods – Abbey’s Kitchen
4. 16 Grilling Recipes for Canada Day – Mommy Moment
5. The Great Canadian Poutine Bar – Mojo & Moxie
6. Recipes for Canada Day – Girl Heart Food
7. Nanaimo Bars – Just So Tasty
8. Red, White & Maple Sundae Bar – Moms & Munchkins
9. Traditional Canadian Butter Tarts – Entertaining Diva
10. Homemade Beaver Tails – After My Morning Coffee
Canada Day Inspired Cocktails
What would a party be without cocktails? Take a look at these Canadian Inspired cocktails to celebrate in style! Recipes not my own.
1. The Ultimate Caesar Bar – Best Day of the Week
2. 20 Drinks to Celebrate Canada Day – Champagne & Coconuts
3. Canada Day Party Punch – Savvy Mom
4. 7 Celebratory Canada Day Cocktails – Chatelaine
5. Maple Whiskey Lemonade – Treasure & Travels
Related Post: 7 Perfect-For-Summer Rosés
Canadian Themed Decor & Games
The perfect Canada Day Party wouldn’t be complete without decor and games! Find out what you need to have at your celebration below!
1. 10 Stylish Canada Day Essentials – Style at Home
2. Red and White Canada Day Photo Wall – CBC Life
3. 11 Mason Jar Ideas for a Patriotic Canada Day Weekend – Cottage Life
4. 51 Adult Party Games – Get Your Holiday On
5. 30 Best Party Games for Kids – Mums Make Lists
Have Fun & Be Safe!
There you have it: the ultimate guide to celebrating Canada Day! No matter where you are, what you’re doing or who you’re with – enjoy and be safe! Did you try any of these ideas or recipes? Have your own traditions or recipes? Let me know in the comments!